Exporting from the EU - what you need to know
The Market Access Database (MADB) gives information to companies exporting from the EU about import conditions in third country markets:
- Duties & taxes on imports of products into specific countries
- Procedures and Formalities
- Procedures & documents required for customs clearance in the partner country
- Trade flows in goods between EU and non-EU countries
- Trade barriers
- Main barriers affecting your exports
- SPS: Sanitary and Phytosanitary Issues
- Food safety/animal health/plant health measures
- Rules of Origin
- Preferential agreements & rules of origin
We will determine whether these barriers breach international trade rules, and, if so, take appropriate action to remedy them, for example by formally requesting that the country in question remove them or asking for them to be delayed, so you can adapt to the change and/or use up your stocks.
2. Tell us how technical barriers to trade (TBT) already notified to the Commission may hinder your exports.
3. Launch a formal procedure under the EU's Trade Barriers Regulation (TBR) if you think your business is being negatively affected by a trade obstacle. The Commission then investigates and determines whether there is evidence of a violation of international trade rules.
Importing into the EU?